Sep 1, 2009

NL West doing a last minute shuffle Thome to Dodgers and A letter to Brad Penny

Thome and Garland head to the Dodgers.

Chicago White Sox at Baltimore Orioles

Thome is no longer a force in the American League. He had 23 HRS and 73 RBI's and an average below .250. This is what you should expect from Thome though, I wouldn't really say he's LOST all that much. He's not Albert Pujols, but he also hasn't been in the National League.

I think we're going to see a revitalized Thome joining the Dodgers with a legit World Series opportunity. I wouldn't be surprise to see Thome bomb 7 HR's in September and Early October. Look for Thome to be a large contributor to the Dodgers offense the next few months (if he gets the playing time).

Brad Penny signs with the San Francisco Giants

Penny celebrates

A letter to Brad Penny

I couldn't be more happy for an ex Red Sox player than I am for you, Brad. You're a solid starter on any team, now that you're in the National League I'll be looking for you to dominate the NL West. I'm really looking forward to seeing you pitch. Brad you have great stuff, you pretty much always have. I think you've learned a lot pitching in the American League for a few months. I expect you to be a key contributor to the already stacked SF Giants pitching staff.

By the way how good did it feel to see Junichi Tazawa get lit up the other day? Not "soo good, soo good, sooo good" on this end. I wish him the best wherever he is right now. I want to forwarn you that if we meet in October, I won't be cheering for you, but this doesn't mean we're not friends anymore... Remember.. this is a business.

Congrats Penny, I'm rooting for you in the NL this October.

P.S Thanks for not going to the Yankees. Good luck against the Dodgers.

Sincerely,

Diesel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoyed a post? Let me know? Agree or Disagree? Leave it here. Suggestions are always welcome!

About Me

Followers