Aug 20, 2009

8/20 Jon Lester defeats Toronto



Sorry that Opposite Day article was wicked lame. I was way off yesterday but did anyone really believe Verlander and the Tigers would lose?
I will still be doing my picks but I’m switching over to a little insight. Sometimes people read blogs for a little insight.

Here’s my take on the Red Sox going into September. David Ortiz is smashing the ball, Mike Lowell is playing well, Youkilis is getting plunked every single night, Dustin has the stress of a new born off his shoulder. Beckett has been dealing despite the performance the other night in Toronto. Lester is literrally UNHITTABLE. Buccholz just defeated Halladay, I’m feeling much better about our chances in the wildcard.

Okay so for the insight…
I was told the other day that the Red Sox should forget the division and focus on winning the wild card. Well to me no team should ever focus on winning the wild card. Who the hell wants to finish in second place. Granted if October rolls around and the Yankees have a 10 game lead on the Sox, I’m saying to myself, “We better take the wild card”. For now why not play like we can catch those Yankees cause believe me all it takes is a few guys to go cold or an injury anything.. and the Sox are right back on the Yankees tails. I have to say I’m very impressed with the way David Ortiz has recovered from his miserable start. 18 dingers? Thats an excellent second half for a slugger who couldn’t hit Ben Coley. How many HR’s does A-Roid have? 19 ? Granted I’d much rather have A-roid hitting for the sox than Big Papi. Wouldn’t you ? (forget about the fielding aspect)

How do you feel about Buccholz outing last night ? Is that a fluke? Do the Jays suck that bad? Or is Buccholz the real deal?

If you ask me, I think Buccholz is simply inconsistent, he’s got the stuff.. I dont think anyone questions that, when Buccholz brings his A game and focuses mentally and physically, he’s got dominating stuff. Just watch the Jays head back to the dugout slamming bats and shit, Bucc was in their heads. One last thing before I blow todays picks… Did anyone see the warning issued by the home plate umpire last night after Youk got drilled. Listen League is a schmuck i’d love to see Youk go out there again and this time no messing around. It doesn’t get much more intentional than League’s pitch into Youks back in the bottom of the ninth, Why does the ump step in here? I’d like to see Bard come in for the 9th zing one off of Overbays dome piece and we’ll see how League pitches to Youk next time.

Anyways what you’ve all been waiting for…

There is NO way… The Blue Jays beat lefty Jon Lester and the Boston Red Sox
There is NO way… The Baltimore Orioles beat James Shields and the Tampa Bay Rays
There is NO way… The Cleveland Indians beat Mr. Lackey and the LA Angels of Anaheim.

This years record I am 3-3. (The opposite day thing didn’t work out so well for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoyed a post? Let me know? Agree or Disagree? Leave it here. Suggestions are always welcome!

About Me

Followers