Aug 25, 2009

Red Sox HATE... I mean.. pick up Billy Wagner

The Red Sox have come to terms with the Mets. The Red Sox trade two players to be named later for Billy Wagner.

To me this screams "ERIC GAGNE". You mention that name to Bostonians and be prepared for a hilarious response. Atleast this time we didn't give up too much for Wagner. Low risk, Low cost, potentially high reward.



"What has he done? Has he pitched this year?" Jonathan Papelbon told WEEI.com. "Is he ready to pitch or is he not? ... I think our bullpen is good where we're at right now. Don't get me wrong. But I guess you could always make it better. It's kind of like the Gagne thing, I guess."

Apparently Paps was thinking along the same lines as myself. Of course the Sox could win it all without Wagner. Bring him aboard? Ahh we'll see.

"We loved Gagne coming over here, just the stuff that he had, but it was an awkward situation this late in the season," Delcarmen told WEEI.com. "I think our bullpen is fine right now. It is what it is. If he comes and helps us win, that's what we want. But sometimes, shaking things up this late might work out different. We'll see what happens."

BTW why would Wagner ever waive his no trade clause to get into a situation like this. Papelbon retracted his statement and said "He would love to have Wagner aboard"... Which is a crock of shit if you ask me.

Either way .. I'm (NOT) excited to see Wagner take the mound in Fenway.

1 comment:

Enjoyed a post? Let me know? Agree or Disagree? Leave it here. Suggestions are always welcome!

About Me

Followers