Aug 20, 2009

GOT YOU GUYS! Yesterday was opposite day


Yesterday, I take the misses and two friends out to dinner at Longhorns. As we're walking in I decide to be a gentleman and hold the door for our group, another trailing (rival) group is walking nearby. Instead of slamming the door and taunting "NICE GUYS FINISH LAST" I decide it'd be nice to hold the door.. Just for tonight. So the four trailing ladies say thank you and walk in but they're still behind my group who is standing at the hostess "podium". This is where it gets rough. The hostess makes the worst call I've seen in a long time. Worse than the Tuck Rule.. worst than Jeters 1996 ALCS "homer". She says and I QUOTE "Alright ladies since you guys were here first, right this way". I look at my girlfriend and the group and I say "are you fucking serious?" and the misses says .. "Relax honey, today must be opposite day.."

As soon as the words came out of her mouth I was panick stricken! "MY PICKS!" I cried as we were being seated. "My PICKS!", Surely my followers must know that today is opposite day? Pheewwww I'm always the last to know. Soooo.. if anyone here didn't already know... yesterday was opposite day. So I guess the joke is on you.

Yup, by now you guys have figured it out.. you probably already knew about yesterday but, the trick never gets old. Of COURSE I knew that Halladay would pitch like John Smoltz. Of COURSE I knew that the Pirates would win three games in a row like they HAVEN'T all season! Of COURSEEEE I knew that the M's would beat Verlander.. WHO DIDN'T know that!

Crazy shit happens on opposite day. Next time i'll make an announcement at the top of my post maybe. Something like "REMEMEBER TODAY IS OPPOSITE DAY". Except if I'm going to do that ... you guys should post something in my comments on JUNE 26th saying "TODAY IS YOUR ANNIVERSARY!" or on July 15th saying "TODAY IS YOUR WIFE'S BIRTHDAY!"

Sooo... I'm 6-0.

In all seriousness... There's NO FUCKING WAY I make a wrong pick today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoyed a post? Let me know? Agree or Disagree? Leave it here. Suggestions are always welcome!

About Me

Followers