Aug 19, 2009

Papelbon HATES Boston

It’s no secret I’m a huge Red Sox fan, but that doesn’t stop me from being their biggest critic. Night after night Papelbon takes the mound I start getting nervous. WHY?? The last few years Papelbon has been literally UNHITTABLE. Batters would go to the plate and leave their bats in the dugout, opposing fans would leave the park. When it was time for Papelbon it was LIGHTS OUT! Now it’s like last night.. walk this guy, give up a hit here.. a run scoring single here a double there.. it’s painful to watch him work. I’m calling you out Papelbon! I just wish you were reading.

I’ve been meaning to write this article for a while, but he never pissed me off as much as he did last night. Now we’re in the middle of a penant race and this guy is DOGGING it. There’s no two ways about it, He gets himself into these situations very “dice-k” like and then tries to amuse himself by getting out of them. It’s like a houdini trick (we all know how that ended).

So Papelbon has converted on all his save attempts except 3, which most closers would die for, so it’s not like he doesn’t have his stuff. I’m telling you Papelbon is messing with the fans and the opposing team for fun, he’s certainly a strange character, and I refuse to believe he’s lost his control.

I don’t really have too much evidence to back this up… but keep this in mind next time you’re watching Papelblown on the mound, He doesn’t have the same focus or intensity about him.

After hearing some of his comments:
“Oh, of course. I mean, I think if we can’t come to an agreement on terms here in a Red Sox uniform, I mean I think that’s pretty much the writing on the wall.” and…
”Not only the Bronx, but anywhere. I think anywhere is a possibility. You always have to keep that in the back of your mind because you can’t just be one-sided and think that, “Oh, I’m going to be in a Red Sox uniform my entire career” because nowadays that is very, very rare and hopefully we can because there’s no question I would love to stay in a Boston Red Sox uniform but I have to do what’s best for me and play in an atmosphere where I’m wanted.”

Well does he feel like he’s not wanted? What did we do wrong here? I feel like Papelbon is breaking up with Red Sox Nation… and maybe he’s pitching like shit to lessen the pain.

By the way.. There's nooo wayy Papelbon leaves the Red Sox for the Yankees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoyed a post? Let me know? Agree or Disagree? Leave it here. Suggestions are always welcome!

About Me

Followers