Aug 24, 2009

If only there were more players like Will Clark..


Today is August 24th 2009. I lost one of my best friends on this day back in 2000. He happened to be the biggest fan of Will Clark. Why ? I have nooo idea, I remember him having his rookie card and his autograph etc. I would always say.. why WILL CLARK?.. Maybe it was because he was voted the most clutch hitter in the majors in 1990. Maybe it was because he was a career .300 hitter. I'm not really sure, I never thought of Will Clark as a world beater. But hey...

There is no reason why people gravitate to certain athletes. For me it was always Dana Barros of the Boston Celtics. Granted he wasn't the most talented athlete on the face of the earth but he was solid in his own right. Then i fell in love with Bill Mueller the quiet 3rd basemen when he was with the Sox (who can forget Mark Loretta). I'm sure someone out there has an athlete that they enjoyed watching regardless of skill. You just felt they were the type of player you could simply respect for playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Anyways in my tribute to my lost friend, I wanted to bring back a really solid ball player, Will Clark. Go ahead and leave a dinger and share with me a favorite player you had who probably will never make it to the hall of fame.

National League All-Star 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993
American League All-Star 1994
MVP of the 1989 National League Championship Series
Two-time National League Silver Slugger Award at First base (1989 and 1991).
1991 National League Gold Glove Award at First Base.

1 comment:

  1. Tino Martinez. One of the main reasons I became a New York Yankees fan when I was still living in Venezuela. I don't know, but there was something about him that made me want to be just like him. Also played my favorite position in baseball, first base.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoyed a post? Let me know? Agree or Disagree? Leave it here. Suggestions are always welcome!

About Me

Followers